47 WCF Web API with Glenn Block and Scott Seely
In this show Mark and Clark sit down with Glenn Block and Scott Seely and talk about the new release of WCF’s Web API.
whois Glenn Block?
Glenn is a PM on the WCF team working on Microsoft’s future HTTP and REST stack. Prior to WCF he was a PM on the new Managed Extensibility Framework in .NET 4.0. Glenn has a breadth of experience both inside and outside Microsoft developing software solutions for ISVs and the enterprise. Glenn has also been very active in involving folks from the community in the development of software at Microsoft. This has included shipping several products under open source licenses, as well as assisting other teams looking to do so. Glenn is also a frequent speaker at local and international events and user groups. When he's not working and playing with technology, he spends his time with his wife and daughter either at their home in Seattle or at one of the local coffee shops.
whois Scott Seely?
Scott is a Microsoft Regional Director and an instructor for Pluralsight. On the second Thursday of the month, you can usually find me at the local LCNUG meeting. Most people on the web know me through my various publications. I do all of my consulting work through Friseton, LLC where I am both CEO and janitor.
Resources mentioned in the show:
- WCF Web API Download: http://wcf.codeplex.com/releases
- NuGet Downloads:
- WebApi.Core: http://nuget.org/List/Packages/WebApi.Core
- WebApi.All: http://nuget.org/List/Packages/WebApi.All
- Main Site: http://WCF.Codeplex.com
- Glenn’s Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/gblock/
- Glenn’s MIX Talk on Web API: http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/MIX/MIX11/FRM14
- <This is not your father's WCF - All about the WebAPI with Glenn Block/>: http://hanselminutes.com/default.aspx?showID=284
- HTML5 Labs: http://html5labs.com
- WebCamps: http://webCamps.ms
- US Central Region WebCamps: http://crWebCamps.ms
ThatConference is a brand new conference coming to the Kalahari Resort in the Wisconsin Dells on August 13th, 14th, 15th of 2012. This is a conference is founded by Developers who want to create the conference they’ve always want to go to and for a price that’s easy to justify to your boss. First and foremost this is a developer’s conference. 3 days of any technology and nothing but code.
You can find more at ThatConference.com.