40 I NEED HELP, HELP, HELPERS
In this version, Mark and Clark muse about ASP.NET Helpers and NuGet. What are they, getting started and of course deploying.
The number of helpers is slowing growing. Not only are there some good ones included with the framework but the community has started to embrace things as well. After the show, we decided to just create the IE9 Helper we talked about. It has since been published and you can check it out at: http://csell.net/2011/01/29/IntroducingTheIE9HelperV1.aspx. During the show we mentioned we were not aware of the actions required to have your helper listed in the WebMatrix NuGet feed. As it turns out, you just have to include the tag 'ASPNETWEBPAGES'. See the complete NuGet list here: http://nuget.org/Tags/ASPNETWEBPAGES
- NuGet Project: http://NuGet.CodePlex.Com
- NuGet Gallery: http://NuGet.org
- IE9 Helper: http://IE9Helper.CodePlex.com
- UrlShortenerHelper: http://UrlShortenerHelper.CodePlex.com
- Facebook Helper: http://FaceBookHelper.CodePlex.com
- UserVoiceHelper: http://UserVoiceHelper.CodePlex.com
- List of Helpers at V1 Launch: http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/partners.aspx
- WebMatrix Download: http://web.ms/webmatrix
- WebMatrix Documentation: http://asp.net/webmatrix
- ASP.NET Web Pages Helper Documentation: http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/tutorials/asp-net-web-pages-api-reference#Helpers
Make sure you hit your local grocer and pick up a 6'er of the newly released Obama beer.